Please join us in praying for our Eden team in Ladbroke Grove, based just around the corner from Grenfell Tower in London.
Here are five ways you can pray for all those affected and responding to the fire on Tuesday morning.
- Pray for the victims of the fire.
Pray for healing for those in critical care. Pray for families who have lost loved ones – that the God of all comfort would draw near.
- Please pray for the emergency services who have been working around the clock.
Pray for wisdom and spiritual discernment as key decisions are made about how to deal with the aftermath. Pray for safety.
- Please pray for volunteers and support from across London.
Pray specifically for Eden Ladbroke Grove and our partner Latymer Community Church, who have been responding to the crisis directly. Pray for money to be raised to help support those affected both in their immediate circumstances and in the longer road to recovery. (You can give directly using the details on the Latymer Community Church website.)
- Beyond the immediate needs, pray for the local community to draw closer together.
Praise God for the way the surrounding neighbourhood has come together to pray and help in practical ways. Pray for this to continue long beyond this week.
- Please pray for the most vulnerable people who have lost loved ones, their possessions and their homes.
Pray that in the coming weeks and months, their questions and confusion would be answered justly and that they would not be forgotten.
Top: The prayer wall outside Latymer Community Church