Following the devastating fire at Grenfell Tower and the attacks at London Bridge and now Finsbury Park, we believe that this is a vital time to be praying for London and our nation.
London City Mission and The Message Trust have called for a day of prayer and fasting on Wednesday 21 June from 12–9pm (with worship event from 7pm) at Kensington Temple, W11 3BY.
Come, Lord Jesus
The London Bridge attacks, the Grenfell Tower fire, the Finsbury Park attack and yet another stabbing on the streets of our capital…. this city desperately needs Jesus!
Our hearts cry out to God as we grieve for those who have been impacted by these devastating events, who’ve lost a loved one, been injured or made homeless.
Below are some prayer points to help guide our prayers for London at this time.
- For peace, reconciliation, good news and hope to spread across London.
- As we are shaken as a nation and a city, pray that people across the city would be shaken to their knees and call out to the Lord for our city.
- For Christians across this city to reach out to their neighbours with the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ, not simply with emergency relief, but for the long-term. And with gospel intentionality and true hope that lasts.
- For our compassionate God to bring comfort and healing to those who have been impacted.
- Give thanks for our leaders, our security forces and our emergency services. Pray for wisdom and strength in their decisions and actions in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.
- Thank our heavenly Father that he sent Jesus as the Prince of Peace and the answer to fear. As our hearts break, we ask that he’d have mercy on this city and nation, and help Londoners to come together with love, strength and resolve, to stand united against fear, hate and violence.
- Ask Jesus, who met spite and cruelty with loving arms, open wide on the cross, to teach us to persevere when the road seems too difficult for us to travel.
Not in London? We are partnering with our friends at PrayerMate to help you pray through the day on Wednesday. You can download the app for free and subscribe to the Day of Prayer feed.
To regularly stand with The Message in prayer, subscribe to our prayer calendar – either as a weekly email, bimonthly by post or via PrayerMate.